[This article was last updated on February 10, 2020. If you think this article needs improvement or updating, please contact us by clicking the little icon at the bottom right of your browser!]
Please note that in addition to this article, we have a video showing you how to do this! Click here to view the video: https://youtu.be/xWoKP5tjCRE.
Absolutely! This can be especially helpful in a classroom setting.
At Leanpub, coupons are just special URLs for the course the coupon is for, and they look like this:
Say you have the following coupon:
To buy, say, a 30 copy purchase of this course using this coupon, here's what you do:
- Go to https://leanpub.com/c/creating-leanpub-courses/c/fdbo6IIUdnx1
- Click Add Course To Cart
- Click Edit on the course, once it's in your cart
- Set the quantity to 30 and click "Update"
- This will update the total to be the discounted coupon price, and you'll be back at the Review stage of the cart
- Click Continue to Checkout, and then complete the purchase
- On the page where you are taken after you complete your purchase, scroll down to the bottom of the page. There, you will see a link that says "Click here to manage your download tokens." Click the link.
- You will then be taken to a page where you can enter the email addresses of the people to whom you would like to give a copy of the course. We recommend you bookmark this page in your internet browser. You will see something like this:
After you send an email, the recipient will receive an email with a link to redeem their copy of the course. After they redeem their copy of the course, they will see it in their Leanpub Courses library here: