Here's a quick video that shows you how to buy multiple copies of a Leanpub ebook:
For a step-by-step walkthrough with screenshots, please keep scrolling!
Walkthrough for Buying Multiple Copies of a Book, and Distributing Individual Copies to People
To buy multiple copies of a Leanpub book, please follow these steps:
1. First, select a price and click the blue "Add Ebook to Cart" button:
The price you select will be the "Unit Price", i.e. the price that will be applied for each copy of the book that you purchase.
2. On the "Review" page in your shopping cart, click "Edit":
3. On the "Edit Purchase" page, type the number of copies you would like to purchase under "Quantity":
In this example, we have set the number to 10:
4. Next, click the blue "Update" button:
This will update the purchase price. In this, the Quantity is 10 and and the Unit Cost is $20.00, so the price is 10 x $20.00 = $200.00 (any applicable sales taxes will be applied in the next step):
5. Click the blue "Continue to Checkout" button:
This will take you to the "Checkout" page:
6. Next, fill in the purchase form and then scroll down and click the blue "Create Account and Complete Purchase" button:
(Of course, if you're already signed in to a Leanpub account, it won't say "Create Account".)
This will take you to a page with the details of your purchase:
You will also receive an email with a receipt and the details of your purchase.
7. To see your purchase, scroll down to the Your Purchases section:
Please note that when you are signed in to your Leanpub account, you can access all your Leanpub purchases from your Leanpub library here: https://leanpub.com/user_dashboard/library.
8. To distribute copies to your intended recipients, click "Click here to manage your download tokens":
You can also click to manage your download tokens if you select the book in your Leanpub library:
9. Clicking the link to manage your tokens will take you to this page:
10. To send a redeemable token for a copy of the book to a recipient, enter one or more email addresses in the available slots under "TOKENS TO SEND", and then scroll down and click the blue "Send Emails" button:
The recipient will then receive an email from Leanpub, like this:
When they click the link in the email, they will be taken to a page where they can redeem the token, by clicking the blue "Redeem Token!" button:
This will create a Leanpub account for the recipient (if they don't have one already), and they will be able to download the latest version of the book any time from their Leanpub library.
You can check the status of your tokens by clicking "View Status of All Tokens":
Please note that you can download the ebook and distribute copies to each of your participants by sending the ebook copies as email attachments, instead of going through the process of managing your tokens. However, unless you have a special reason for doing it this way, this is not recommended, because Leanpub books can be updated at any time, and it is much better for reach recipient to have their own access to the latest version of the book.
You can also simply copy and send people the download link or links you'll get yourself, if you make a multiple-copy purchase. However, please note that if a download link is used too many times, it will become temporarily inactive, to prevent it from being posted to a message board and used by many people all at once, or something similar.
Also, please note that if you're organizing a conference, we have a better option for you!
If you have any feedback or questions about this article, please email the Leanpub team about it at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Are you looking for great deals on Leanpub ebooks, ebook bundles, and courses? Sign up for our Weekly and Monthly newsletter sales here!
Are you interested in self-publishing, and creating your first Leanpub book? Here are some quick tutorials for our most popular writing modes: http://help.leanpub.com/en/articles/3088382-quick-walkthroughs-for-getting-started-on-a-leanpub-book
Subscribe to our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/leanpub
Follow us on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/leanpub