Sometimes a connection between Leanpub and a GitHub or Bitbucket repo can become compromised. In order to fix this, you essentially need to switch to another writing mode, and then switch back to your original writing mode.
If you are working in GitHub or Bitbucket and you encounter this issue, we recommend you follow these steps:
- In the Book Tools menu for your book, select
Writingand then click on
- Switch to a different writing mode. The best mode to switch to is Dropbox.
- Click the blue “Update Book” button.
- Select your original writing mode from the available options.
- Click the blue “Update Book” button again.
This should re-establish the connection with GitHub or Bitbucket and the next time you try to make a preview, it should work. If it does not, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.