Occasionally we see a situation where the following happens:
- Your book content generates fine.
- Something is messed up with your specific book.
There are two workarounds the author can try here:
A) Switch writing modes back and forth.
- Back up your book folder somewhere on your computer.
- In the Book Tools menu for your book, select
Writingand then click on
- Switch to the "In my browser in a Markua plain text editor" option.
- Click the blue “Update Book” button.
- Select your original writing mode from the available options.
- Click the blue “Update Book” button again.
This process will establish a brand new Dropbox folder for you. You may want to copy the contents of your
manuscript folder that you backed up in step 1 above, into the
manuscript folder in the new Dropbox folder.
B) New book approach. There's also the following workaround which should work if that does not. Note, however, that this workaround is only for books which have no readers, as it would disconnect readers from the book. If you have readers, just email email@example.com and we'll do everything we can to help you out:
- Make a new book. Put it in stealth mode if you want. (Don't pay any money for it; use the free plan.)
- Copy the manuscript folder in.
- Generate the preview.
If (B) works, then what we do is:
- Rename your old book to a different URL at https://leanpub.com/YOUROLDBOOK/edit_web_page_url
- Rename the new book to the URL of the old book
- If the old book was on a $99 flat fee purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will swap the book writing purchase so that the new book is paid for by the $99 you paid.