Occasionally we see a situation where the following happens:
- Your book content generates fine.
- Something is messed up with your specific book.
There are two workarounds the author can try here:
A) Switch writing modes back and forth.
- Switch writing modes to in-browser text editor
- Switch back to Dropbox.
B) New book approach. There's also the following workaround which should work if that does not. Note, however, that this workaround is only for books which have no readers, as it would disconnect readers from the book. If you have readers, just email email@example.com and we'll do everything we can to help you out:
- Make a new book. Put it in stealth mode if you want. (Don't pay any money for it; use the free plan.)
- Copy the manuscript folder in.
- Generate the preview.
If (B) works, then what we do is:
- Rename your old book to a different URL at https://leanpub.com/YOUROLDBOOK/edit_web_page_url
- Rename the new book to the URL of the old book
- If the old book was on a $99 flat fee purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will swap the book writing purchase so that the new book is paid for by the $99 you paid.